Thursday, December 3, 2009

I applaud my colleagues and their creative spirit alongside the deft hand of Zoe Randall. In memory of pictures this past year and in sight today, I see a wider orbit of vigor evident in every exploration. Our exuberant faith in creativity speaks.

I note that a "New Blue" was discovered and produced by one Mas Subramanian, Chemist at Oregon State University. An addition to the color wheel and in short order, a pastel will be made. I await its arrival on my drawing table with great curiosity.

Based upon my reading of "The Little Prince" I continue a Series of Drawings, now six. Shapes arise to form as the atmosphere evolves. The value of the Series Structure is that it propels my abstract drawing story about a particular idea or family of ideas, over a period of time. Evolution is exhilarating. I write my ideas in my composition notebook, otherwise known as The Drawing Galaxy Guide. The Guide serves as a repository of forms and marks, thoughts and ideas, color combinations and automatic drawings.

Perhaps the Little Prince will appear in abstract life this springtime.

Meredith Rosier

No comments:

Post a Comment